This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New Eheim 2262

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by inkslinger, Jul 16, 2011.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    12:05 AM
    Will I did it an got my New Eheim 2262 and what a monster this thing looks!!
    I am planning on ordering the gray spray bar for the 16/22 hose and was wondering
    where is the best place to put it at .

1. On the side of the tank where the intake is at?
    2. On the side of the tank on the opposite side of the intake?
    3. Or the length of the rear of tank facing the front with about 4 extra extensions ?

Just looking to get the best circulation of the 1262 pump in a 60x18x24 tank.
    I don't like the stock suction screen that came with it an planning on replacing it with a 1inch pvc and a 1x8inch black suction screen.
    My tank temp should drop NOW!! It hit 92F the other day!!

#1 inkslinger, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  2. Jim Miller

Jim Miller Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I'd start by getting it working in the tank in the simplest fashion possible, disable the existing filter/pump and measure the tank temp. You can work on optimization, flow, etc, later.

Jim

3. inkslinger

Local Time:
    I have to wait in 3 weeks before I order my media for the filter an probably another couple of weeks before it arrives from shipping .
    I thought of just getting a coarse sponge use for pond filters and all of my BIO Balls from my Nu-Clear 547 to fill the Eheim 2262 and get it running until I get my new media so I can disconnect my old filter system and get that out of way and replace the old media slowly to seed the new media .

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Have you read some of the posts/threads about the benefits of using lava rock (from places like Home Depot, etc) in canister filters? I've just skimmed a few and here are a few notes. It is much more involved than what I have listed here. Break into 3/4" to 1" pieces, it's a bio-filter, some types provide a source of iron and magnesium, use coarse pad on bottom and a fine pad on top, keep pads cleaned to keep flow up, oxygenation high and ammonia levels low, various bacteria colonies are formed with different purposes, doesn't have to be cleaned very often, and so forth.

5. inkslinger

Local Time:
    [attachment=875:name]

Found this Green Coarse Round Filter 12 x 2 at a Pound Store, I believe it's for a Tetra Pond Filter .
    Should this work OK it fit's perfect in the filter.

100_0482.JPG

100_0486.JPG

100_0489.JPG