New discus tank

Ian H

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Shipley, West Yorkshire, UK
Re: New discus tank

I think you've made the correct decision there Paul. Angels are far livelier and more interesting and less demanding than discus.

I have to say that my observations of discus are that they are colourful, impressively large and overall quite boring. My snails show more interesting actions than the discus, who in the main just hover in a static position waiting for food.

Ian

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK

You didnt mention a lot cheaper as well Ian :D thast was the main thing, I couldnt justify them either. I need to make the water even softer now as I have some Apistos on order, Im seriously thinking of turning off the c02 if I go much softer

Ian H

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Shipley, West Yorkshire, UK

You could have got my 5 discus for a very good price. :)

I would leave your CO2 as is if it's working, just make sure that your carbonate hardness (Kh) is about 5.

Ian

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK

Ian H said:
You could have got my 5 discus for a very good price. :)

Na, could of got some cheap from somewhere else, just went off the idea when I saw the angels tbo

Ian H said:
I would leave your CO2 as is if it's working, just make sure that your carbonate hardness (Kh) is about 5.

Ian

I spoke to Peter Lovett and he said if I want his F0 apistos to spawn, I need it lower than 5, going to have to call him again, he was really helpful

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

I like Altum angels.

They look good in planted tanks.
Cost less than Discus.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK

Well, I didnt go for altums as nowhere round here has them, I went for black angels as I thought they looked so nice, look like they have been nipping each others fins, but should be ok after a few days. Getting the new tank on saturday, so will be busy playing with water all weekend :D

paulf01.jpg