New aquascaping tool

jerime

Jan 23, 2005
Just wanted to share with you someone's project (Ofri Dagan) from my country.

It's a nice tool designed to help you with your aquascaping - by making a sketch of your plans (great pre layout planing for contests and ourselves before establishing a new aquarium).

It's only the first version and it's going to improve, so please see if you have any comments on that.

I'll give Ofri the link to this site and he will react here.

The tool :

Aqua Tools

Sintei

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2006
its a fun program, abit hard in the beginning, but can really help those who cant visualize their aquascape themselves.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Yes, these are really fun to think and play with. I like them.

However, as Vaughn recently mentioned, in order to learn more, you learn by doing.
Virtual stuff is fine and fun and can help conceptualize an idea, but the execution is the real test and what folks that do best in scaping tend to do.

I like to garden etc, some like that and developing computer programs for scaping also.

The latter is less my deal and the gardening and good old fashion get your arms wet is more my own admittedly:) That's why Greg and I work well, he's interested in other things, and why many clubs and groups work well, each person has a different set of interest they bring to the table. I do not think many here are that interested in developmental genes in Arabidopsis after all:)
But we have learned a lot about aquatic plants from that........the same may be true here.

Regards,
Tom Barr

MacFanMr

Prolific Poster
May 21, 2006
Dallas, TX
Very cool! I'm impressed! At this point at least, I don't know that it would help design your tank as you don't have those rocks/driftwood at your disposal, but it's fun to experiment with. I agree with Tom that you learn the most by doing it for real, but this is certainly a lot less messy!

Michael