This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

New Aquascape

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Fisher, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Hi all

I will start a new Escape project, and my main problems are as follows:

1) Big tank size 180 * 60 height * 65 depth

2) Lack of active soil or root taps , and using only basalt ground and relying on seachem fert, is this enough?

3) Due to the large volume of driftwood in the scape , I was able to provide purigen to try to limit the organic load .... But after two weeks of start planting it I found that the measurements had given disappointing results as I found that the percentages of ammonia, nitrite and nitrates are zero ..... and Here came my confusion about the effect of the purigen on the completion of the biological cycle, as I will only put plants without fish .... Will there be ammonia available to start the course or not?

I thought of a solution by halving the amount of purigen to reduce its effect, is this a good solution or not?

I also thought about another solution by adding limited quantities of ammonia daily to stabilize its ratio of 0.25pp

photo below is my escape in small tank 120*45*45

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

D4401561-BB0E-4E17-A22F-12E84B1BB173.jpeg

toads74 and Wesley H like this.
  2. Fisher

Fisher New Member

Local Time:
    1:05 AM
    Unfortunately, after 3 weeks, the fuzzy browen algae spread suddenly to all the plants.
    Yes, it is expected, but always painful ... And that happened after I took the step of gradually increasing the lighting.
    Co2 ratio 35
    The kh 6
    I change 1/3 of the water to another 100 ppm 3 times per week with the addition of seachem stability
    The most affected plants are the African fern mini
    any idea