This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

neo 90 reef conversion

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by dougiefresh, Jan 1, 2011.

1. dougiefresh

dougiefresh Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    I'm converting a deep sea aquatics neo 90 3x2x2 ft to a planted tank with a PM Sump. I don't like the look of the large BLACK overflow right in the middle. Is there some more more discreet doing an overflow and drain with maybe clear pipes if I remove the overflow black box. Would of course want it to be reliable. Or should I just remove the overflow all together and sump and get a canister.

I want to do a some large branchy pieces of driftwood and rocks, it will be open top, so would like some of the pieces stick above the water.

Any ideas would be great...
    Thanks, DEF

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    Hi,

You can use the CPR brand of hang on overflow. They do not use a U shaped siphon tube and are very nice. I know Tom uses them on his 180.

Let me know if you can remove the overflow box. I have 2 on my 180 that I am dying to remove.

You can remove the wier and still have a sump. You would just lose the SKIMMING action the overflow wall provides.