This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Needing help - certain plants melting, others not growing

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by vinlo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    GDA is a tough cookie, I've tried a lot of different things to eradicate it, even chemically, but I also still have it. There are some things that help marginally, like less light and UV but IMO nutrient ratios or levels don't make any difference. And believe me, I've tried all of them, NO3, PO4, Fe, Ca and Mg in every combination. I can't notice any difference in GDA in N ppm's.

I also have a low light non CO2 tank with T8 bulbs. No GDA there.

You could also start to use the new canister and let the old one run for a few weeks. Then you stop the old one.

2. vinlo

vinlo Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:58 PM
    So as it turns out I have been underdosing things. I though my spoons were 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 tsp. They are 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32, doh!. I have only been dosing 1/16 of PO4 and 1/32 of trace. I assume my trace is lacking. I am going to adjust this week and see how it pans out.

I have had the GDA for a long time, just really bad this past week.