Need snails and shrimp

lulaface

Junior Poster
Jan 23, 2008
Does anyone have some for sale? I would love any sort of shrimp. I have one ghost shrimp and one clear "algae eating" shrimp from PetSmart, and both seem happy with the plants I've been adding. I would like to get them some friends! Also, I'm looking for some Malaysian Trumpet Snails, or any others that are plant safe. Shipping would be to 27514 in Chapel Hill, NC. Thanks!

tedr108

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If you talk to someone at your local fish store (LFS), they may be able to order some shrimp for you. I have had special orders made for me, and they don't even charge extra. Many times they stock what sells well, but often have access to other species and are happy to order them, knowing they are going to sell them right away. I've never tried that with a PetSmart or PetCo type of store.

Barring that, you can order shrimp from Aquarium Plants, Pond Plants, Freshwater Aquarium Plant & Aquarium Accessories – Arizona Aquatic Gardens (or other places -- see EBay). You will pay a good amount for overnight shipping and there is a minimum for your total order.

lulaface

Junior Poster
Jan 23, 2008
My LFS is pretty bad. They price everything ridiculously high and they are very rude. So, I would rather buy from a fellow aquarium hobbyist if anybody has some available. Thanks for the website though.

tn88

Junior Poster
Mar 17, 2008
Shrimp

Hi,

I have purchased shrimp (and plants) from Arizona Aquatic Gardens and Aquabotanic. Shipping isn't cheap, but it may be an option for you if you can't get them locally.

Ardell

Junior Poster
Feb 14, 2007
Aquabid.com

I have bought all my shrimp from Aquabid.com, an E-bay for aquariums. I bought all mine from sellers with good feedback and havent had a bad experience yet. You can usually get free shipping if you get priority mail 2 day delivery. This is how i have had all of my shrimp shipped and have never seen a causuality.