This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Identifying Plants Problems

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Paul Rossmango, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Paul Rossmango

Paul Rossmango Subscriber

Local Time:
    3:58 AM
    I added an attachments of he plants in my established tank that were doing well, then something started to happen and I have no explanation. The look like something attacked them and /or they are being eaten. I added the attachments also.The top shows some of the plants that I am having trouble with, they are the bushy plants on the left side of the tank. Actually I not even sur of the name of the plant but I have 6 of them . Now my Ludwiga Repens in the back seem to be getting attacked also (no Photos)

20170203_150543.jpg

20180316_140312.jpg

20180316_140303.jpg

20180316_140051.jpg

20180316_140037.jpg

20180316_135938.jpg

2. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    These holes look to me to be a structural ingredient deficiency like potassium. What plant nutrients do you currently use in the tank? Have you tried adding potassium sulfate? There is no significant yellowing apparent so I would not suspect a nitrate deficiency. The reds in the plants are rather pale so you may also have an iron, and other micronutrient deficiency going on as well. If you think of the plants as pets or children and look at what basic nutrients are available to them, this will give you a good clue as to what is needed.

3. Paul Rossmango

Paul Rossmango Subscriber

Local Time:
    Thank you for getting back to me. I use sea chem products and use their dosing chart . Things appear to be getting better as I increased my Phosphorus dosing. I was using their older chart and I did not realize it was updated. I do not use Potassium Sulfate just the Seachem Potassium. I also added more circulation to the tank. and thin the plants out.

Tags: