This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help Deciding on a Regulator

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by tropicalryan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. tropicalryan

tropicalryan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    So I have decide to build my own pressurized CO2 system after looking around at the awesome info on this site. I am just trying to decide which regulator is best and hoping for some input as it seems a lot of people on this site really know their stuff.

1.) AIR PRODUCTS E12-244D PRESSURE REGULATOR
    -dual stage (Ithink), good price, max psi=3000, but never heard of this company-great price too
    View attachment 2325 View attachment 2326 View attachment 2327 View attachment 2328 View attachment 2329

2. oldpunk

oldpunk Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    That's a re-branded Airgas 2-stage. I can't make out the low pressure gauge but I believe it does 100psi(gauge probably says 200). It's a nickle plated brass reg with stainless steel diaphragms. It's a nice unit. You can sometimes find them on ebay for around $50.

3. tropicalryan

Local Time:
    2.)BOC Gases BGT-270-15-320-4F General Purpose Regulator
    Max inlet: 3000 PSI
    Fitting # CGA-320V, Output 30psi, 200Kpa
    -again -dual stage (Ithink), good price, max psi=3000, but never heard of this company, but great price
    [​IMG]

3.) ConCoa Regulator 212 series
    -Heard this company is great, but a little worried about the 0-200 outlet PSi- too much?
    [​IMG]

4.) Victor HTP 272B
    -dual stage (i think), i like this one, but its a little more expensive than I had wanted to spend
    http://www.dmltrading.com.sg/documentation/HPT270-280.pdf

5.) Fisher Scientific 10-572F Carbon Dioxide Regulator
    -never heard of this but it looks good, is dual stage, has a 125 PSI outlet, but confused as to why it says it has a CGA E4? and good price

Any input is appreciate, thanks

4. oldpunk

Local Time:
    From your choices there, I'd say go with the Air Products or the BOC(it is a 2-stage). That BOC is pretty, lol.

Oh... just to clarify, Those are all good units. And 200psi isn't too much either, you'd just want to pick up a lower psi low pressure gauge(those 400psi gauges are hard to read at low levels) .

#4 oldpunk, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2011
  5. tropicalryan

Local Time:
    thanks - so I really can't wrong with any of these choices

6. oldpunk

Local Time:
    Nope - provided they are still in good condition and don't have any problems. You wouldn't find out about a blown gauge or a leaking valve seat until you've tested it out.

7. bettatail

bettatail Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    They are all big brands, I like the air products more than others but eb*y don't have that many.
    The price of used regulator is rising especially for the nice looking DSR, good price SS unit are rare now, and last week there was an air products SS unit started from $29.99 ended up sold for $105.

8. tropicalryan

Local Time:
    alright thank you all very much

9. tropicalryan

Local Time:
    I narrowed it down to:

BOC Gases BGT-270-15-320-4F General Purpose Regulator Max inlet: 3000 PSI Fitting # CGA-320V, Output 30psi, 200Kpa OR

the Victor HTP 272B, max inlet 3000psi, CGA 320, output 60 PSI

-Both have been tested and confirmed working, the victor is a little more expensive but does have an outlet of 60 PSI vs the BOCs outlet of 30PSI -what one do you guys think is better?