This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Need help choosing plants

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by cc_woman, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cc_woman

cc_woman Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:20 AM
    I am in a dilemma, and need some expertise. I want to enter a tank in the AGA international aquascaping contest, and have a very great picture in my head of what I want to design. Problem is finding what species of plants will work and finding them to begin with.

Tank will be either 5 or 10 gallons, and will be using med-high lighting. Will also be dosing by EI and using CO2 by DIY. I want to find a species of plant that is more like a foreground, staying fairly short, and that will flower. This is my main issue is finding a plant that will suite the requirements. I will also be trying to keep the temp in the tank a little cooler between 20-25 degrees celcius. My water here is pretty alkeline at about 12GH and pH of roughly 7.8. I find though that most plants do fine in my water. CO2 of course will help lower pH, and I can always use the method of RO if need be.

So any ideas anyone? :D