This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Need Experts: Transparent/Clear Plumbing Fitting, Filtration & Automation.

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by kiddjam, Feb 3, 2012.

1. kiddjam

kiddjam Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:22 AM
    :encouragement: Transparent/Clear Plumbing Fitting

I am huge fan of ADA's hardware design, state of art tool made of :encouragement: transparent glassware, stainless steel, mega WIN!
    I LOVE the whole taste of transparency, transparent lily pipe keep my eyes on the aquascape rather than the tool itself.
    My goal is to make a external over flow box, I cut the tank's side glass top area for intake/drainage, and I really want to find where can I buy transparent pipe and fittings.

Goal:
    > Visual Pleasant Transparent pipes and fittings, ADAish, A MUST!

I need transparent pipe/plumbing fittings for my external weld on tank glass over flow box
    View attachment 2840
    I need to know how many holes to drill, a baseline of at least how many water flow...
    Where to buy transparent/clear pipe and fittings....... style like those ADA glassware?
    I think there are not many folks like the clear and transparent pipe, which baffle me a lot! all I can googled out was those lousy white and grey colored pipe, and huge bulge ball valve.......

finally I mange to find some but not fully equiped transparent pipe, but I need to know what other people has to offer
    I found a couple of place, but not sure the exact looks of it, some have a mild blue and purple color in them.....
    first one look promising but still lack of valve and 45degree..... second one looks good but no more info available on its website whatsoever.......while the last one is tinted with blue hue +thick wall.....
    http://www.aquaticeco.com/subcategories/845/Clear-PVC-Tees?green=7579E103-313C-5799-059C-B0BC1B9EB510
    http://www.harvel.com/piping-clear-pvc.asp
    http://www.clearpvcpipe.com/clearpvcpipe-schedule80.aspx

Any advice? Does anyone have experience with Transparent/Clear Plumbing Fitting?? I really do need help here! :)

-------------------------------------

Filtration

I dont like cleaning canister filter, it is big hassle IMO, I like the openness of trickle filter, it is easier to clean and replace parts, and I can put all that UV sterilizer, heater, and everything else if I want to.

Current Hardware Specification:
    :congratulatory:> DIY ultra-white glass tank, measure W.80cm X D.30cm X H.50cm, 32 gallon/120L (thin tank for my window reading corner)
    :frown-new:> Canister filter 800L/H, with 80% Bio Rio, 20% Bio Sponge
    :congratulatory:> Stainless steel stand
    :congratulatory:> HQI Light and fixture stand

Goal:
    > design the filtration for easiness of maintenance and high effectiveness/efficiency.
    > Trickle filter?

Any advice?

-------------------------------------

Automation

I am inspired by Takashi Amano's office tanks(glassware great transparency), and his home private automated big tank(4meters wide), I want to make a similar well function scale down version of it, start by modifying my current tank. I believe Automation isn't just for big tank, but for medium to small tank too.

Although I love to look at beautiful thing, I don't like to maintain the tank too often, the water change....... cleaning the canister filter........ scraping the GSA off the glass......... scare of over feeding and netting out uneaten food........... suddenly I felt like I am slaved to my aquarium, I no longer enjoy it but a servant I became -_- I do like planning aquascape however :)

Goal:
    > Auto refill water for evaporation.
    > Easy water change and Auto water change.
    > Low water contamination, less algae spore, less disease incident in fish.

Any advice?

#1 kiddjam, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Florin Ilia

Florin Ilia Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    #2 Florin Ilia, Feb 3, 2012
  3. kiddjam

kiddjam Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Nice looking overflow, thanks Florin! How much does it cost?

But I am so afraid of flooding, is it flood prone? I heard so many people with non-drill tank got wet floor, it is the main reason why I stop thinking of overflow boxes for a long time....

#3 kiddjam, Feb 3, 2012
  4. Florin Ilia

Florin Ilia Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    It's a little above $200 from the company, distributors/resellers may charge more.

It is not flood proof. I am not sure how prone it is to flooding.

The company sells the "switch" which seems to offer flood protection.