This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice on starting fertilization.

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Blackstar7, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Blackstar7

Blackstar7 New Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    Hi guys,

I have a newly setup 29 gallon planted tank with medium-high lighting, ADA amazonia substrate and pressurized CO2. I am keeping the following plants: aponogeton ulvaceus, echinodorus 'rose', echinodorus amazonicus, blyxa japonica, hydrocotyle tripartita, tiger lotus, dwarf hairgrass and taiwan moss.

I am new to high tech setups and was recommended by my LFS to begin dosing fertilisers after 3 months, because of nutrients leaching from the soil. My question is, what type of fertilizers should I dose with? Should I go with EI and dry ferts or should I lean dose with liquid ferts like tropica and seachem? Also, is EI dosing suitable for my setup? To my knowledge, my plants are not as demanding as compared to stem plants.

Any and all help will be appreciated:)

2. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
  3. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
  4. Blackstar7

Blackstar7 New Member

Local Time:
    10:54 PM
    Alright, will give it a try:)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

5. Julia Adkins

Julia Adkins aquariumfertilizer.com
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    There are 2 excellent articles in our website, www.aquariumfertilizer.com, on EI or Estimative Index dosing and PPS or Perpetual Preservation System dosing.

Mooner likes this.