Nearing 1000 members

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
931 members on the site as of Aug 5th, 2005.

Wow.

You'd figure plant folks grow on trees or something.
Thanks, hopefully the K+ article coming up will help folks.

Regards,
Tom Barr

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Re: Nearing 1000 members

Killies.com has 932, just checked, but they started in May 2003. Having 931
members in less than a year(?) is damn impressive!

Bill

JadeButterfly

Guru Class Expert
Jan 23, 2005

but things didn't really get going until after new years...so 931 is amazing!!!

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

Plants will take over the world !!!!Muhahahaha!!!, well, they already have really:)

It's looking good and perhaps we can get more folks involved this next few months and have folks enjoy this more.

I tend to over stretch things on some of the side projects for this Report, but I eventually address the project.

as that builds, hopefully folks will find more value and references for their use.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Lars N

Junior Poster
Aug 28, 2005
Norway

Helo

This is my first posting. How many members are now Tom?

Regards
Lars N (Norway)

Safado

Junior Poster
Aug 28, 2005

Lars, as of this posting, there are 983 members. This is displayed on the bottom of the main forum page. Only 17 more to go! What does number 1000 get? :)

Quick question. As this is the subscription information area, I can't seem to find a list of the benefits besides the monthly report. Do subscribers have access to the articles from previous months? I apologize for posting this if it has been answered elsewhere.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

I think you should get access to past articles, try it.
Go to the article part and see if you can download them.
I know Greg has added newer software that greatly reduces download time(by about 5X), so things might not be back working right.

Let's wait to see what he has to say about that administration.

Regards,
Tom Barr

jerime

Jan 23, 2005

Congratulations Tom. A real achievement.

Also I'm taking the liberty to thank you on a very good work you've done here in this forum and these articles. I myself am learning a great deal.

Ey.

Joe Bloggs

Junior Poster
Aug 4, 2005
Auckland;New Zealand

Full agreement with previous poster. I've learnt more about plants and their requirements here in one month compared to the confusing/conflicting 'information' thats been sold to me over the past thirty years. Thanks.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

Well, I try to present some critical thinking and questions to ponder.
Some of it is not easy reading.

But as the articles fill in and evolve as new ones appear, we will get closer to the answers of the questions we seek.

But........I really am hoping some of you will see that aquatic plants can be more than just a hobby, and that it is an important issue environmentally, for conservation, and that even as lowly feeble minded hobbyist, there are many simple test we can do to answer some rather big looming questions........

There is a feedback forum for the articles also, so if something is not clear, please do ask.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

8 more to go.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

Safado said:
Lars, as of this posting, there are 983 members. This is displayed on the bottom of the main forum page. Only 17 more to go! What does number 1000 get? :)

Quick question. As this is the subscription information area, I can't seem to find a list of the benefits besides the monthly report. Do subscribers have access to the articles from previous months? I apologize for posting this if it has been answered elsewhere.
You can actually see all of the Subscriber Only forums (you just can't actually read any of the threads ) ...

Yes ... you have access to all of the past monthly issues ... they are posted in the Barr Report Newsletter forum ... there is a thread for each month, containing a brief introduction from Tom and the newsletter is downloadable in a PDF format at the bottom of each of his monthly messages ...

The forums are increasingly becoming more active ... when we first launched, we never intended to have any forums ... we launched as a monthly newsletter, and because Tom and I wanted feedback on each month's newsletter, we had a "comment" system in place where we wanted to receive feedback on articles Tom wrote ... well our subscribers essentially used our comment system as forums ... so we restructured into a forum format ...

However, our primary focus is on the monthly Barr Report Newsletter ...

Tom also has written several articles that are essentially exclusively available to our subscribers - as well as his more in depth discussion about issues and topics that occur in our forums ...

Greg

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

1027 now!

Regards,
Tom Barr

Ian H

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Shipley, West Yorkshire, UK

New header needed....................Nearing 1500 members? :D

Well done Tom and the support team (Greg).

Do you have a breakdown of the countries of origin of the membership?

Ian

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005

Hi Ian,
A breakdown of countries, yes! Islands off the coast of Europe should be in
a subcategory....just kiddin'! How's the family Juwel doing? Got some recent
pics to post? :) Wow, 1027!

Bill

Ian H

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Shipley, West Yorkshire, UK

You really know how to hurt a guy Bill. :)

No not the country thing..................the bloomin' Trigon. It's a disaster area ATM. I had to go through a series of medications on the discus and it's totally screwed up the water quality. A tank full of hair algae. I'm trying to calm it down but it could be a while yet.

Sorry if this is off topic guys. BTW can you weave hair algae.............I've got enough. :mad: :(

Ian

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005

Aww, Ian, sorry to hear your troubles. If you'd gone with smaller schooling fish,
but there it is. It's always a heartbreak when a tank goes "rogue." Hang in
there, :)

Bill