This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

mystery with ph meter electronics

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by osmar amaral, May 11, 2014.

1. osmar amaral

osmar amaral Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:52 PM
    bought a ph meter electronics, but I have a problem.

the meter works fine, but after some time with the lights on, the device shows error, it only happens after a few hours of lights. When I turn off the lights, he returns to work

if I collect water from the aquarium with a glass, and measure the water in the glass, it works, but if I enter the aquarium of error. ?????????

2. rjordan393

rjordan393 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    It appears that the issue may be heat related because the error does not occur until the lights are on for some time. If the problem is electrical, then make sure that the pH probe is not fully submerged. The rubber boot on top of the probe is not to be wet nor the wire above it. You can also try raising the lights or installing an exhaust fan to remove the heat from your lighting fixture. You can also try moving the pH probe to other areas of the tank or placed in the sump if you have one.

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

many ph meters are impacted when the lights are on, though this usually occurs as soon as the lights are turned ON and lasts until they are OFF.

Yours sounds unusual in that it takes several hours. Check the heat as per the suggestion above.

When I used mine I saw the ph drop .3 when lights came on so I subtracted that from the value displayed and went with that value instead.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

many ph meters are impacted when the lights are on, though this usually occurs as soon as the lights are turned ON and lasts until they are OFF.

Yours sounds unusual in that it takes several hours. Check the heat as per the suggestion above.

When I used mine I saw the ph drop .3 when lights came on so I subtracted that from the value displayed and went with that value instead.

Hope this helps.

4. osmar amaral

osmar amaral Junior Poster

Local Time:
    the only certainty I have is that the meter is being influenced by light.
    if I take the aquarium water with a cup, and then immediately measure the pH, it works perfectly fine and the temperature remains the same.