My Plants Have Deficiencies ... Help Please

G4shrod

Jun 16, 2020
France
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm coming to ask for your help to help me to solve a problem in my aquarium. So, I have deficiencies on some of my aquarium plant, and I can't seem to know the cause of these deficiencies.

I will therefore detail my installation as well as my flora, and my fertilization method.

Light : 2x 50cm Chihiros Serie A (9600 lumens)
Substrat : JBL AquaBasis + Manado
Filtration : JBL e1502 + Juwel BioBox
Co2 : JBL ProFlora u502

I fertilize with the Estimative Index method, and I do water changes of 40% / week.
My settings are:

No3 : 20 ppm
Po4 : 2 ppm
K : 40 ppm
Fe : 0,1 ppm
Co2 : 25 ppm
I also add Magnesium (MgSo4), but really a little bit, not having enough to test the concentration.

Here is the list of plants:
- Pogostemon Erectus, Alternanthera Reineckii Mini, Ludwigia Palustris, Rotala Vietnam H'ra, Micranthenum Monte Carlo, Bucephalandra sp, Anubia sp.

And, photos :
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/25/ytb7.jpg
https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/25/qltr.jpg

I also ask myself a question: my substrat is good ? Because I could consider doing a repair with ADA Amazonia ... but I await your opinions

viewer.php

viewer.php
viewer.php
viewer.php

Thank you in advance for your help.
Ho, and i'm really sorry if my English is bad ..

Last edited:

Koen

Feb 7, 2019
Netherlands
You did not mention the size of your tank, but I would consider running only a single Chihiros. Or dim the lights by 50% if you can, 9600 lumens seems like a lot. This will slow the plants down, giving you the time to optimize fertilizers and CO2. After things grow better you can consider increasing lights slowly again. It is also unclear to me if the ferts you mention are measured values or weekly doses.

G4shrod

Jun 16, 2020
France
Good evening,

Thank you for your reply.
My tank is 240L (190L of water), 120x40x50.

Infact I made my own LED ramp from two 50cm chihiros.

The values are the theoretical nutrient levels added at the end of the week.
After the water change, the No3 / Po4 are 10/1, and I increase them to 20/2.

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi @G4shrod,

The leaves in the photos, are those new leaves or are those older leaves? They appear to be older.

How much magnesium are your dosing? How often?

pH:

dKH:

dGH:

I have a suspicion but I need a little more information please.
-Roy