This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

My new scape.

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Aquadream, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Aquadream

Aquadream Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    7:18 AM
    That rock will be covered a lot by the Staurogine plant in front of it. Then it will look different I am sure.
    When I use rocks I do not consider that they will be completely visible trough out the scape development. I am actually doing a bit of a guess work of what the rocks will look like when the plants are more developed. In some cases the result is good, in other it is not. Let see what will happen with this experiment. Rest assured I will be making lots of changes.

2. Aquadream

Local Time:
    For now you can probably count me in those 5%, but I would still keep more fish. Hmm, at least for the contest pictures..ha..ha.:D

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Yes, going 2D to a 3D always presents challenges.
    The rocks that get covered by plants can be any media ..it could be wood............clays, ceramics, plastic etc.........they end up being like borders on a garden to keep the rows in place.

I use this with wood often in the 120 ADA like and the 350 manzy scape...........

I also am bothered by the depth issue with my 120 gal........I often think I'd like to put more slope up on the rear.
    I have 30" nearly 80 cm worth of depth, so I can still have room to work with.

You can redo the tank, or wait and allow it to progress and then after 1-2 years, tear it down and redo.

Some scapes I have left and only modify a little, others, I am not 90% happy with, they get torn down.

The starougyne is a highly versatile plant and can be trimmed many ways.
    The hard scape looks better, perhaps some other plants in different places might give you a different look you are after?

I'd keep the starougyne in the rear edge.
    Maybe hairgrass belem. HC in and through the rocks.
    Bylxa as a border, downoi perhaps as a "street".

By keeping the HC in the rear, you gain the perspective or a larger tank, but the Starougyne fights with it on the R side.

4. Aquadream

Local Time:
    There is some update of the progress. There is more to be done, but one step at a time. Still far from the targeted result, but good plant growth for now.[​IMG]

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    Ooo, nice.
    I like.

6. samh

samh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Wow, Beautiful!

7. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Nice scape. Different. You should send a pic to the IAPLC.

8. Aquadream

Local Time:
    Thank you guys. I intend to send picture to IAPLC, but not sure yet. I forgot to tell you that I put in the tank 245 CRS. The little bastards have disappeared into the bush and I see only some of them.

9. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    Welcome to the shrimp world.
    Where you need 1000 to see 20..........

10. Aquadream

Local Time:
    They breed like a plague. I hope to see some of them soon.

11. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    This is the good thing for their popularity, they are a money maker for a small space.
    TDS and temps are important.

12. Aquadream

Local Time:
    Around mid week time in the cycle the TDS is 350, so between water changes it will vary from let say 250 to 400 or so. I use a lot of ferts.
    In my CRS dedicated tank all is monitored very closely, but then in that tank I have only SSS grade.
    Trouble is that in Bulgaria can not sell these to no one and eventually I keep the system in the tanks to maintain some population naturally.
    In this set up I do not feed the shrimp or the algae eaters. They eat what ever they can find.

13. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Aquadream, this is looking very nice. You do an outstanding job creating perspective and depth. Not to mention great at growing plants. Please continue to update this.

I was a big fan of your last IAPLC entry. I thought it was the best take on the perspective style scape with the taller plants in the front. The branches were set in perfectly to give the illusion of distance. It shows you have formal art training.

14. Aquadream

Local Time:
    Some close shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update10.jpg

15. Aquadream

Local Time:
    Thank you. I appreciate your comments.
    I was actually quite surprised to see that only people from the US made comments on the depth and perspective aspects of my IAPLC [HASHTAG]#280[/HASHTAG]. Not one of the great EU or far East guys noticed that or at least they did not say anything.
    I am waiting to see what will AGA say about it. I do not expect much, just some fun and of course I would like to read comments from the judges.

16. tjbuege

tjbuege Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Aquadream,

That is a very nice scape you have going there. Thank you for posting the closeup shots. They really show the details well, and makes it look very natural.

17. Aquadream

Local Time:
    Day 75 from the start. Now the plants look really good, but I do not likle the rocks anymore. So they will be changed soon or at least some of them.
    [​IMG]

18. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Looks great....I am envious of your plant growth, esp the downoi.....

BTW, what rocks? :) they are almost totally hidden....

19. Aquadream

Local Time:
    This is what I mean. The bloody rocks did drawn in this jungle. I will have to replace them with a bit larger and with more rough features. If the whole scape was only with HC then this rocks would have done the job, but now they look a bit like damage on the greenies. The idea was that the rocks were supposed to be descrete element in the design, but did not work well for now.

20. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    The plants have over grown the rock, they need trimmed. The Lilaeopsis might not look great after trimming like grass/mowing a lawn etc.........
    Or get taller rock that protrude more. The Downoi mixed with the Lilaeopsis is interesting.