This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

My mist loopback venturi (pic&movie)

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by defdac, Jan 22, 2006.

1. defdac

defdac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

I've created a somewhat different and very easy to made mist-reactor that works better than my previous efforts.

Main differences are
    1) no vortex, just 750 l/h straight down.
    2) a fine 180 degrees cut by a scalpel that spread the bubbles evenly
    3) closed bottom
    4) loopback high up instead of further down
    5) high pressure inside the reactor making the venturi-loop shoot water without the need of suction

Made by a 750 l/h MaxiJet and a 0,5 litres PET. I tried a 1000 l/h MaxiJet, no difference except the flow from the cut was so strong it blew plants down.

No gas buildup and mist all over the tank when I direct the 180-cut into a corner underneath my Fluval "lily-pipe".

Movie (29 meg Windows Media Video):
    http://82.183.138.227/mikrobubblor.avi

Picture:
    [​IMG]

2. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Re: My mist loopback venturi (pic&movie)

BUBBLES!!!

...and cool music too. :D

3. brad

brad Prolific Poster

Re: My mist loopback venturi (pic&movie)

nice video defdac. thanks for sharing.