This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

My emersed Anubias are discoloring! Help!

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by DaveSurfer, Mar 8, 2009.

1. DaveSurfer

DaveSurfer Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    9:53 PM
    I've been misting my emersed Anubias about twice a day. But as you can see from the pics some of the leaf tips are drying out and the leaves are turning yellowish and losing their deep green color. I've also noticed some holes in the leaves but I can't be sure if that is from when I got them or not.

My mist is an extremely diluted water solution of Miracle-Gro (All-purpose 24-8-16). Is this what might be "burning" the leaves? Should I just mist the anubias with plain water? It might be getting too warm in the aquarium? Too much light with no water? Should I mist so much that the leaves are ALWAYS wet?

Thanks for any help!! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DaveSurfer

DaveSurfer Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    9:53 PM
    Do terresteral ferts burn Anubia leaves?