This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

My CO2 misting experiment

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Henry Hatch, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Henry Hatch

Henry Hatch Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    I tried a co2 misting experiment I would like to share. It's very simple. I took a length of rigid airline tubing and melted the end shut over a candle. While the plastic was still soft I stuck a pin in the end and left it in place until the plastic hardened and then pulled the pin out. I attached the rigid tubing to my co2 line and stuck it in an uplift tube with a power head on top. I got what appeared to be a fine mist and so far the co2 levels seem to be holding up.

This is a 20 gallon tank with diy co2. I had tried limewood air diffusors, but the low pressure was a problem.

I wanted to try something that did not require modifying impellers etc. I would be interested if some of you who have used other methods such as a needle wheel impeller tried this and could compare the two.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    If you can increase the dwell time inside the impeller housing, then you get better mist. If you make the intake more like a compress throat on a mazzei, you will get better draw and thus better misting. Higher flow rates will also do this.

Regards,
    Tom Barr