This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Moss Balls

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by srozell, Jun 2, 2005.

1. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Does anyone know how to get Moss balls to reproduce?

Do you just break them apart? Do they grow warts that break off and start a new plant?

2. derekparr

derekparr Junior Poster

Re: Moss Balls

yep. just break them apart.

3. travdawg

travdawg Guru Class Expert

I have a couple of these & wouldnt mind having more, but dont want to ruin the ones I have.... Once you break them apart, do you need to constantly roll the new halves?

4. derekparr

derekparr Junior Poster

I'd guess you'd want to roll them into balls.. perhaps not "constantly" though. I've been keeping the one I got in a piece of tupperware near a window since I've yet to decide where I want to put it. I did split it.. and sort of reform it into 2 ballish shapes. And they still don't look much different than they did then.. although a bit bigger. I presume that I should pinch and pull and roll to get them into ball shape again since I don't have a lake and wave action to do it for me.

5. Paul

Paul Guru Class Expert

I was tempted to get one and rip it apart and flatten it and see what it did wrapped round the vine branch I have in my tank

6. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

That's an intersting thought. I think I'll try it myself.

Another thought is to do that tree art kinda stuff that they do at disneyland.

Maybe I'll make a bunch of moss cubes, or moss elephants...

7. derekparr

derekparr Junior Poster