This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

more traces needed?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by john b., May 28, 2005.

1. john b.

john b. Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:15 AM
    It seems that on the days I add traces, I get much more pearling from the plants.Like much more pearling on micro days then the days I add macros. I am adding 10-12 mls.of flourish every other day. Should I add a bit more and how much is too much? Could I possibly add traces everyday at a little less ammount or is this generally not a good idea?

2. Vladimir Zhurov

Vladimir Zhurov Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:15 AM
    Re: more traces needed?

John,

I do not know whether microelements can be metabolized so fast that you will observe reaction within hours. You did not specify how big is your tank, so it is impossible to say how dramatic is a change of concentration anyway.

But here is my uneducated guess. I suspect that Flourish has quite high organic content. Its smell always reminds me of Russian "kvas" (with "a" as in "father"), which is a cider-like drink with base of bread, sugar, molasses, fruit and such. Kind of non-alcoholic yeast smell.
    So what may produce more pearling is actually increase in DOC, not in micros.

But this is just a crazy guess.

Regards.

Vladimir.