This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

More PO4?

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Tug, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Tug

Tug Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:56 AM
    Reaching a concentration of PO4 above 2.4 ppm with Seachem's flourish is a PIMA. I would like to add more, better phosphate - stop GSA outbreaks. Maybe 2.4 ppm is Ok; I don't know. :confused: Would a PO4 concentration of 10 ppm be a problem?

Dosing Info.
    Kelp!?

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10 ppm of PO4 probably won't harm the tank occupants, but it is way more than the plants need. Increased PO4 dosage to try to head off GSA isn't a bad idea, in my opinion, but it doesn't take that much PO4 to be effective.

3. Tug

Tug Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    They seam to drink it in quick. Ok, your right. How about 5 ppm and I can work on it when I get back with more plants.

#3 Tug, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010