This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Monte Carlo Patches W/ Leaves Turning Translucent And Melting Towards The Substrate

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Dave Dela Cruz, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Dave Dela Cruz

Dave Dela Cruz New Member

Local Time:
    2:58 AM
    Heya all, long time forum lurker here. Most of the things that I've done in my tank have come from information that I've learned here. I thought I'll jump in and join the community finally and engage :). Would really appreciate the help. Also please let me know if this is not the right place to post this.

I have this 9-month-old 55g and have recently gone down the co2 inject route (currently at ~2.5bps). I'm also dosing Seachem Potassium, Iron, Flourish and Excel following the seachem dosing guide.
    IMG_9211.jpg

Noticed 2 days ago, that I have this patch of Monte Carlo turning translucent from the top new growth and appears to be punching a hole down towards the substrate. Today, I noticed a new patch of this come up just a couple of centimetres close to the original patch. It is worrying that it's happening at such a fast rate.

Is this some sort of disease or deficiency? I have runners growing on the edges and it looks healthy to me apart from this. IMG_9212.jpg