This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Modifying needle Wheeled CO2 to remove the froth from the main tank using a sump

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Tom Barr, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    6:16 AM
    I have started using some Clear PVC to make post bubble settling chambers/reactors to reduce and eliminate bubbles from the NW.
    Basically the NW feeds the froth into a large diameter PVC tube, the counter current similar to a protein skimmer, then feeds into the return pump, this is really 3-4 stages of CO2 dissolving and is active and very effective/responsive relative to the entire water volume.

2. chopsticks

chopsticks Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I have something like that in the sump of my tank, a NW feeds a reactor from the side then it goes to the return pump, I see a significant reduction on the bubbles size, but they not disappear, what do you mean with "large diameter PVC tube"? I'm using a 40cm tall 2" pvc tube, it is a on-the-sump variation of your "dual venturi external reactor" design but with the CO2 input in the pump suction and with a NW modified impeller.

Cheers,

Juan

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I have a few versions, one is an 18" 3" dia Clear PVC tube with end caps, another is a 6" clear PVC tube with end caps and another is a Acrylic with 6" larger and a 3" inner set up like a protein vortex skimmer type of design.

4. chopsticks

chopsticks Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Would you please post a picture of one? I'm interested on this design, do you manage to remove all the bubbles?

Regards,

Juan