Mixing Dry Trace Elements

werdy666

Dec 1, 2020
NSW Australia
Hi,
I am in Australia and looking over the internet not much is available here in regards to pre-mixed trace mixes.

I have found one by a brand here in Oz Manutec. I do understand it might be a little high in Copper and will need additionally Iron added. (Sorry first post so can't post a link but it has been mentioned on these forums before the Manutec Trace mix)

Forgive my newbie stupidity but when I add 20grams of the mix to 500ml of distilled water. It doesn't mix. No matter how much I shake it etc it will settle with a brown murkiness at the bottom of the bottle and green coloured water at the top of the bottle.

How do I mix it so it is completely dissolved? I have also tried boiling water from the kettle but that did not help. Maybe the stovetop?

If anyone from Australia can point me to a place I can get some soluble trace element powder from in Newcastle, NSW, I am happy to purchase more and use this Manutec on my gardens.

Thanks
Werdy666

Zeus

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2016
Yorkshire,U.K.
is this the product?
upload_2020-12-6_10-20-9.png

Zeus

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2016
Yorkshire,U.K.
I have provisionally add it to the next release for the calculator and should be on the next release once @Hanuman has double/triple check it ;)

upload_2020-12-9_15-32-45.png

in comparison to a 'popular' UK trace
upload_2020-12-9_15-25-45.png

It does seem a little low in some trace elements when we target the dose of 0.6ppm Fe per week compared to other trace salts, but increasing the target for Fe would resolve this if your plants start to develop any issues.
When we can not find the actual solubility of trace salt mixes, we have based them on Fe13.2% EDTA solubility.

If there any any other fertilizer products you folk use 'down under' let me know and I will hopefully be able to get them added as well if we can get the data analysis on them.