This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Plants !!!

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by vraghu, May 12, 2008.

1. vraghu

vraghu Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    Hello All,

Recently i had planted the following plants in my 4x2x2 Planted Tank , and it seems they are missing from my Tanks !! is someone nibbling the new Plants or is it melting off ?

1. Dwarf Hair Grass
    2. Glossostigma
    3. HC

I have the following fishes in the tank , please let me know who is the culprit.!! :grin:

Puntius Denisoni (Torpedo barb), i have a doubt that :eek: he is the culprit...), Rummy Nose, Cardinals,Albino & Panda Corys, Harliquin Rasboras, Ramezeri..

Please help before the foreground plants are wiped out... !!:confused:

Regds
    Rags

2. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    From Arizona Aquatic Gardens on Redline Sharks:

Maybe dwarf hairgrass is soft enough for them to eat. I'm sure you would be able to spot melting. Of course, that's not to say that both nibbling and melting are not going on. You typically need at least 2 wpg (other factors are involved) to grow those ground covers.

I have no idea what a Ramezeri is, but your other fish wouldn't eat plants.