This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

MIRO4 vs Coralife reflectors

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by JadeButterfly, Feb 21, 2005.

1. JadeButterfly

JadeButterfly Guru Class Expert

My tank is a lil wide, 36"Lx18"W

and I am using the Coralife 36" 2x96W fixture.

I was wondering if the Coralife reflectors are any good compare to the well known MIRO4 reflectors...because I feel like the light isn't able to spread out wide enough with my current stock reflectors.

has anyone able to retrofit MIRO4 reflector from AHsupply into the Coralife fixtures?

thanks

2. chubasco

chubasco Guru Class Expert

Re: MIRO4 vs Coralife reflectors

The problem wouldn't go away all that much changing to the MIRO4. The
    MIRO4 focuses the light downward, more than it spreads it out over a wide
    area tank. There was a discussion on APC about this where the concensus
    is using NO fluorescents in an expandable reflector which would cover more
    area of the tank. There would be a drop in intensity, tho. Using cf lighting,
    I would go with 2 rows of lower wattage for your tank, say 2x40w or 2x55w each row. Then I would look at the MIRO4 for a retrofit. I've used only MIRO4s, and am not familiar with the Coralifes to judge if they're as good.

Bill