This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

mini CO2 injection using Paintball cylinder

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by derekparr, Jul 25, 2005.

1. derekparr

derekparr Junior Poster

I wrote an article recently for my local fish society's newsletter on my use of a paintball CO2 cylinder to inject CO2 into my 5g tank. I figured ya'll might be interested in this as well.

http://www.derekparr.com/minico2/

I should note though.. that the way I did it is probably quite unsafe since I was trying to keep the price down and I wanted to keep the dimensions of the apparatus to a minimum. So.. people should do as I say, not as I do... at any rate if anything goes wrong for someone else.. its not my fault. I'm comfortable with the risk, but I'm not going to blame anyone else for something I did, regardless of where I may have or have not read it.

2. JHipkin

JHipkin Junior Poster

Re: mini CO2 injection using Paintball cylinder

Cool idea. This might be the solution for an office nano tank.

My son has an old CO2 cannister that he used before he switched to compressed air. But, I think I will spring for a regulator. The local wine / beer making supply store sells them. I will have to see if they fit. Refills shuldn't be a problem. Any paintball field will refill a tank for a few dollars and, since my son is still playing, I am there more frequently than I would like :)

3. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: mini CO2 injection using Paintball cylinder

You might also consider posting the article in its entirety here in the Article Forum ...

Greg