Milwaukee SMS 122 Co2 Ph Controller

PaulB

Subscriber
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi, can someone elaborate on how this unit controls the co2 solenoid, not being able to see one up close, the information on the web just says it has a power plug for Co2 dosing. Does this mean that the power lead from the solenoid on the Co2 regulator plugs into this lead then plugs into the mains :confused: I know from previous posts that several people use this controller. if possible can someone take a pic of ths or provide a diagram of how this works. I am considering buying one but need more information on it first. Also does this controller come with ph calibration solutions?
Thanks

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Re: Milwaukee SMS 122 Co2 Ph Controller

Soleniod can be plugged into the Controller and shut off when the pH reaches a certain set amount.

Or you can plug a powerhead that drives a reactor etc into the controller and it'll do the same thing, or you can plug both a solenoid and a powerhead into the controller to shut both off once enough gas in the tank.

All meters and controllers should come with some calibration fluid.

Regards,
Tom Barr

matpat

Prolific Poster
Mar 29, 2005
Dayton, Ohio

Tom Barr said:
All meters and controllers should come with some calibration fluid.

I think the key word here is SHOULD :) The Milwaukee SMS 122 that I purchased new earlier this year did not come with calibration solutions.

Lucky for me I had calibration solutions for my Hanna 98129 pH meter (which also did not come with calibration solutions) and they happen to be the same solutions. :)

They should all come with at least enough solution to get the controller/meter operational. That would give the user some time to order additional solutions before the unit needs to be re-calibrated. Personally, I would order the solutions just to be on the safe side. You're probably going to need them down the road anyway...then again, a lot of toys don't come with batteries...

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

No Calibration fluid?

They should be beaten with stinging nettle and have monkey puke thrown at them.

I'd get a Pinpoint then.

Regards,
Tom Barr

jonathan11

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005

Paul,
Try this website address: http://www.floridadriftwood.com/product.asp?0=217&1=252&3=543. Should give you a pictorial of a basic CO2 hookup. If that's not a good address, Google Florida Driftwood, go to their website, look under CO2.
Variations can be done to this system, additional outlets and timers for separating CO2 and lights, bubble counter or no, check valve in CO2 line, whatever your personal needs/desires are.
Obviously, you can use different equipment, this is just a good diagram.
Hope this helps.

Walter :gw :D :D

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005

I think DrsFoster's and Smith's Catalog also has a pic and many sites do also.

Regards,
Tom Barr