Mgco3

Deanna

Aug 23, 2018
PA
I'd like to ask to have MgCO3 included in the calculator. Would need to show dKH and dGH as well as Mg and CO3 ppm (same info as CaCO3).

Incidentally, the CaCO3 calculations do not provide the red warnings for solubility limits.

EDIT: Oops: NVM the solubility limits, I forgot about the dependence upon pH.

Last edited:

Zeus

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2016
Yorkshire,U.K.
Might be worth a look at IFC calculator, has all the solubilities kH and gH added already. The calculator is not for 'newbies'
upload_2021-3-21_14-6-49.png

Advises you if you need to dry dose (which with MgCO3 is highly likely as its pretty insoluble) or if you exceed to tank solubility limits, I do have a Max CaCO3 alpha sheet as well which works out the Max CaCO3 you can add to tank based on tanks pH ( or how much of your rocks dissolve into you water for a given pH ;))

Deanna

Aug 23, 2018
PA
Might be worth a look at IFC calculator, has all the solubilities kH and gH added already. The calculator is not for 'newbies'
View attachment 16584

Advises you if you need to dry dose (which with MgCO3 is highly likely as its pretty insoluble) or if you exceed to tank solubility limits, I do have a Max CaCO3 alpha sheet as well which works out the Max CaCO3 you can add to tank based on tanks pH ( or how much of your rocks dissolve into you water for a given pH ;))

Thanks! You're right: it's not for the faint of heart. First attempt to input data stymied me ...maybe will try to figure this out another time. I have been using the Flowgro calculator for MgCO3. Of course, it's in German, but still easy to figure out. I was hoping to expand the utility of RotalaButterfly.

Reactions: Zeus

Zeus

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2016
Yorkshire,U.K.
First attempt to input data stymied me ...maybe will try to figure this out another time

Just like a new Operating System or changing from Andriod to Apple, just takes a little time and patience, the data output can be a little over whelming at times :eek:, but the results are the results after all ;)