This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Melanotaenia Boesemani 'uter' - Gary Lange Strain

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by Seattle_Aquarist, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Seattle_Aquarist

Seattle_Aquarist Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:13 PM
    Hi All,

Recently our local club here in Seattle, the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS.org) invited renouned rainbowfish explorer, extraordinary breeder, and international speaker Gary Lange to speak. My wife and I had the pleasure to host him in our home during his stay.

He did two talks. The first covered his last two expeditions to Papua where his team discovered new rainbowfish species. The second talk covered the 'Blue-eyed' species of rainbowfish including the Pseudomugil species. He brought egg kits for members that requested them, I requested Melanotaenia boesemani 'Uter'. Here is a picture of an adult male and a short video of my 5 day old fry.

Melanotaenia boesemani 'Uter'
    [​IMG]

Melanotaenia boesemani 'Uter' - 5 day old fry

#1 Seattle_Aquarist, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. Botia Dude

Botia Dude New Member

Local Time:
    5:13 PM
    This sounds like it was a really fun talk. Is there a good way to contact Mr Lange about getting some eggs? I haven't found a website of his.