This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Mazzie setup questions?

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by nmullens, Aug 18, 2009.

1. nmullens

nmullens Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    3:48 PM
    This is a double post, I also posted this in Co2 and fertilization section, I put it hear also as I was hoping to get some feedback from Tom.

Current setup:
    120 gal(4*2*2) with 2 xp3's one has a UV sterilizer in line the other has a co2 reactor in line. Because the rector isn't dissolving enough co2 I also have a diffuser disc under a power head. Using this setup I go through a 10lb co2 tank every couple months as I am running about 10+ bubbles per sec to keep co2 levels where I need.

New Setup:
    I have the same tank and have bought a Fluval fx5 to replace the xp3's and I would also like to add a mazzei venturi to save on co2. I have some questions though. I am not sure what mazzei to buy? I was thinking the 384 with a pump that runs at about 700 - 1000 gph. To plumb that mazzie I was going to do the closed loop with ball valve, but also wanted to only have one intake and output in the tank. I have herd of plumbing the pump inline with the fluval fx5 output line and putting the mazzi after the pump. But I am not sure if this could mess up the fluval some how. Also because my fluval has that ribbed hose so it can bend I am not sure if I could get a tight connection from the hose to the pump or other plumbing. Also I am not sure if I am going to need a ph monitor to control the mazzie to prevent me from adding too much co2. On a lost note I live in Vancouver Canada and I can't find anywhere that sells the mazzie and ships to Canada any ideas?

I would like to do this properly so I am looking for a little guidance, if anyone has any comment or suggestions like maybe a better way to do it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance Nic.