marsilea hirsuta whats happening to it

Arif Khan

Junior Poster
Jul 1, 2007
hanham bristol uk
hi i bought of marsilea hirsuta from ae it was not healthy at all but i revived it for the first 2 weeks it was sending out 2 runners a week in the 4 leaf clover shape but i moved to the front of the tank and now it grows 1 runner a week and the leaves are 1 leaved clover why is this .....:confused:

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
You might want to give us more info about the tank, light, routines etc, size etc.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Arif Khan

Junior Poster
Jul 1, 2007
hanham bristol uk
hi sorry heres tank details
2 wpg nutrafin co2 1 foot by 1 foot cube lighitng on for 10 hours a day tetraplant substrate with sand on topdose 2ml of nutrafin plant gro every 2 days....

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Nutrifin Plant gro is a trace element mixture, not a complete fertilizer. It doesn't provide the nitrate and phosphate or the potassium needed by the plants. With 2 watts per gallon, unless that light is held well above the water level, you need to be dosing a complete menu of nutrients.

So, you need to get some potassium nitrate, for nitrate and potassium, and some phosphate, such as mono potassium phosphate, and dose those along with the nutrifin plant gro.