This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

marsilea hirsuta whats happening to it

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Arif Khan, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Arif Khan

Arif Khan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    hi i bought of marsilea hirsuta from ae it was not healthy at all but i revived it for the first 2 weeks it was sending out 2 runners a week in the 4 leaf clover shape but i moved to the front of the tank and now it grows 1 runner a week and the leaves are 1 leaved clover why is this .....:confused:

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    You might want to give us more info about the tank, light, routines etc, size etc.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Arif Khan

Arif Khan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    hi sorry heres tank details
    2 wpg nutrafin co2 1 foot by 1 foot cube lighitng on for 10 hours a day tetraplant substrate with sand on topdose 2ml of nutrafin plant gro every 2 days....

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Nutrifin Plant gro is a trace element mixture, not a complete fertilizer. It doesn't provide the nitrate and phosphate or the potassium needed by the plants. With 2 watts per gallon, unless that light is held well above the water level, you need to be dosing a complete menu of nutrients.

So, you need to get some potassium nitrate, for nitrate and potassium, and some phosphate, such as mono potassium phosphate, and dose those along with the nutrifin plant gro.