This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Marineland Perfecto Jetstream Supersystem

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by elemkar, May 9, 2005.

1. elemkar

elemkar Junior Poster

I have the Marineland JetStream Supersystem 75g predrilled tank with a separate return stand pipe on one end and a separate overflow stand pipe on the other end of the tank. I was running just water through the system to get things cleaned out and everything seemed balanced. Now, three days later I cannot stop my overflow from gurgling loudly. I have a Mag 9.5 pump with a ball valve turned down to reduce flow in case I am overpowering the overflow - No help. Adjusting the control rod in the overflow stand pipe helps reduce the gurgle when it is pulled almost all the way up. I am using a Tidepool II with 1" pvc pipe all around and the Mag pump is rated for a max of 950gph. Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Elwin

2. AZFish1

AZFish1 Junior Poster

Re: Marineland Perfecto Jetstream Supersystem

I made one of these for my AGA tank with built in overflows. Worked like a charm. It might look a little odd in your tank since the tubes are visible but I am sure you could get creative and hide the hardware....

http://www.dursostandpipes.com/

The only change I made was to use an adjustible section so that I could get the overflow height where I wanted it. This thing is darn near silent.