This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Manganese Deficiency

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Sepp0207, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Sepp0207

Sepp0207 New Member

Local Time:
    9:49 AM
    Hey guys,

i have manganese deficiency in my tank. I sent several water samples to a laboratory. The result was always high levels of iron and nearly no manganese. Any ideas where all the manganese disappears?

I use Tropica Soil and Tropica Premium. I have two big filter filled with pumice. Light ist T5 6x80watt.
    3 osram 840 und 3 osram 865.
    I have 30-40 ppm co2. Kh ist abaout 0,5 and ph around 5,7.

It ist very strange. I lose nearly all of the manganese in the tank. Can soil absorb more manganese than the other micros? Can pumice absorb manganese? I am thankful for every idea.

Greetings.
    Sebastian

2. aclaar877

aclaar877 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:49 AM
    Where did you get your water tested? I, along with at least two others used ICP analysis out of Colorado, and each of us got a reading of 0.00 ppm manganese, and we each had been dosing it. In my case I got 0.06 ppm Fe, and with the ratios I was using, should have had about 0.015 Mn. If you are dosing reasonable levels then you should be OK for Mn.

3. calvin doss

calvin doss Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:49 AM
    I suggest a control sample with only water and fertilizers.