This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Macek's Planted Aquarium - 24l (6gal)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Macek, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Macek

Macek New Member

Local Time:
    5:08 PM
    My only aquarium is situated on the kitchen desk. It brings me a lot of enjoyment these days and I spend a lot of spare time by watching it and by taking care of it. My wife is not always happy about it :)

20180207_104635.jpg

2. Macek

Macek New Member

Local Time:
    Now I am trying to get rid of green thread algae, which infested Eleocharis and Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba'. I am trying some tips from Walstad and increasing CO2. (I dose PMDD) - I don´t want to use glutaraldehyde because It made no good to to my vals recently. Maybe later.

3. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    :D think many of us can relate to what you are saying. You have a nice tank. well balanced, good plant selection, but I think you are right, need to focus on the CO2 and dosing. What light do you use ?

No need for glutaraldehyde with thread. Toothbrush for mechanical remove, CO2 and lower light to prevent resurgence.

Macek likes this.
  4. Macek

Macek New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you for your comment. It is nice to find out real people are here, not just robots :) .

My light is not impressive :

"04395 LED lightening LFL-CL-450 12w (W) /0,5A" (google it please, I can´t send the link because error occurs)

Actually I lowered the light at 50% until the day before tomorrow (I have dimmer) - I was waiting for duck weed and Ceratophyllum to cover the surface with aim to use their power against algae. I turned the light at highest level. I also plan to switch to EI but first I want to use my PMDD solution completely - I am not in a hurry and I want to see what will happen with the algae if I make all other measures.

5. Macek

Macek New Member

Local Time:
    I have also cut the carpet plants with algae to support their growth (My photo is a few days old).

6. burr740

burr740 ~~ Lover of Micros ~~
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    10:08 AM
    Nice looking tank