This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Ludwigia Tornado/curly

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by notg2009, Aug 12, 2020.

1. notg2009

notg2009 New Member

Local Time:
    5:40 PM
    Hi all,
    My ludwigia tornado grows more in a branched and oblique fashion than vertical. Is this the normal growth pattern? Take a look at the photos. The photos were taken with LED
    lights off and using a flashlight to single out the bunch better.

I have a 15 gallon with CO2, Fluval stratum w root tabs, Medium LED lighting (unsure. Got a finnex planted plus and a beamswork da fspec). Dosing Thrive daily (about 0.7mL daily). PO4 about 1ppm daily and getting rid of GSA.

Thanks

MVIMG_20200812_201326.jpg MVIMG_20200812_201308.jpg 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200812171515498.jpg

Alyssa likes this.
  2. Alyssa

Alyssa Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I can't answer your question but OMG that is one heck of a cool plant!! I love it!! <3

notg2009 likes this.
  3. notg2009

notg2009 New Member

Local Time:
    Got the answer on Facebook. Looks like this is normal growth pattern.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Alyssa likes this.
  4. Now_its_nate

Now_its_nate New Member

Local Time:
    8:40 PM
    in my experience especially with EI dosing pretty much all ludwigia does that branching stuff. I found that if you want it to stop cut down the dosing and your lights and the plant will focus on growing up... you do sacrifice a little bit of color though

Tags: