Ludwigia repens red planting

geektom

Junior Poster
Dec 16, 2012
Hey all- how densely can you plant L repens red and have it still get enough light? I would like mine to get bushy enough that I see almost all leaves and not stems. This is my first time keeping it successfully, so any advice is appreciated.

63672f054470f65a828ce1140e43d9d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tim Harrison

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Trim as much as you want, its a crazy fast grower like other ludwigia counterparts. With the lighting you have in the tank you can plant them rather close.
bust some althernethera opicus in there, behind right side of variegated :)

Reactions: geektom

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
As close as you want. Mow those down and leave the stumps. Replant the tops in amongst them. You'll have a DENSE bush in no time

geektom

Junior Poster
Dec 16, 2012
Trim as much as you want, its a crazy fast grower like other ludwigia counterparts. With the lighting you have in the tank you can plant them rather close.
bust some althernethera opicus in there, behind right side of variegated :)

Dennis, what is althernethera opicus? I am having trouble finding a reference online.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Dennis, what is althernethera opicus? I am having trouble finding a reference online.

I wish i had a good picture of it. Mine looks average at best right now. My computer had crashed so i lost tons and tons of photos
Its just another althernethera with a little different more stem like structure. Reds are incredible if you can get it there. If i come across it i'll show it to you
Right now its untakeable pictures as bga covers bottoms parts. Looks ugly.

Here I found this:
old stuff
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/sale-trade/133666-fancy-plants-la-cart.html
but you can see the potential right?

Nov 9, 2017
Netherlands
I'd try to find this but the only Limnophila mini that i could find was the vietnam. Maybe I will come across one some day. We have alot of 'e' shops here in the Netherlands selling all kinds of plants :)