Lowering a regulators max outlet pressure

hey

Junior Poster
Dec 4, 2012
Hey all first post here mostly just because this is def the fish forum to be reading co2 injection method on.

I got this off the tescom website and wondered if it would be helpful to use considering the sheer amount of regulators above our ideal operating pressure sec 4.4:

http://www.documentation.emersonprocess.com/groups/public/documents/instruction_manuals/dopsmd41990xml2.pdf

for those that dont want to browse through this pdf basically the pdf from their site states to :
1. connect to pressure source
2. remove plug from handknob and loosen nut
3.use an allen head wrench to turn the adjusting screw to where the pressure is 5-10% higher than what is desired
4.Spin handknob clockwise til it stops against the bonnet
5.turn it back 1/8th of a turn and hold it in this position while tightening the nut against the hand knob
6.Test to make sure max pressure is in your desired range.

I was thinking for a regulator at the 250 psi outlet range that it would be easy to put a 100 psi gauge on it and use the handle locking mechanism to insure it cant go past say 60 psi. Does this sound about right? and have you heard of anyone having luck with this?

oldpunk

Guru Class Expert
Dec 1, 2009
Lowering the maximum delivery pressure of a 200psi max output regulator down to 100psi isn't going to make it any easier to use. You're still just going to be barely cracking the thing open with the adjustment knob to get to a desirable psi.

hey

Junior Poster
Dec 4, 2012
oldpunk;91526 said:
Lowering the maximum delivery pressure of a 200psi max output regulator down to 100psi isn't going to make it any easier to use. You're still just going to be barely cracking the thing open with the adjustment knob to get to a desirable psi.

My thought would be more for the safety of not blowing out any of your solenoids or needle valves by accidentally twisting the knob too far. although i know the parker h3l is rated for 250 psi not sure what others are at but yeh i understand it wont make your fine tuning of the psi any easier.