This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

low flow Swagelok metering valves for 1/4" OD tubing, fittings or adapters for sale

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Left C, May 23, 2011.

1. bettatail

bettatail Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:19 AM
  2. fongalv

fongalv Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the great links. Was wondering whether the vernier handles are a standard fitting or are they unique to the different types of valve knobs?

I have a SS-4 en route to me and am thinking of adding the vernier handle but the only one I can find is meant for the SS-6, are they interchangable? Any of you folks know where else I can get one for the SS-4?

3. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
  4. fongalv

fongalv Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Link doesn't really work, but I found it after sometime...didn't know they came under "spare parts"...thanks Left C!

Just for the purpose of this discussion, can you also briefly explain the differences between using 1/8 or 1/4 valves apart that the 1/4 will still have to be stepped down to 1/8 for our general use?

5. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I'm glad you found them in the metering valve spare parts. http://swagelok.com/search/find_products_home.aspx?show_results=Y&item=049502b0-79d3-442b-a199-616806dd9635 Hum .... this is the same link and it takes you straight to them. Oh well.

Most of the parts that we use are 1/8" and some of them are available in both sizes. Off the top of my head, I can't remember specific 1/4" parts only.

Burkert solenoids, JBJ bubble counters (knock-offs), Fabco and Ideal needle valves that we use come in 1/8" although Fabco also comes in #10-32. Clippard and Parker solenoids, Parker/Swagelok/Nupro/Whitey metering valves and Parker/Swagelok/Nupro/Whitey check valves are available in 1/8" and 1/4".