This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Lots Of Equipment For Sale!!

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ThePlantedDimension, May 29, 2018.

1. ThePlantedDimension

ThePlantedDimension New Member

Local Time:
    5:53 PM
    Hey everyone, this setup is currently around three months old and has been doing great. I attribute this to the EI dosing method and good maintenance. I will update the plant list soon. There are shrimp in the tank because I haven't had enough algae growth and I don't want fish at the moment.

My trimming skills aren't the greatest, but this tank is definitely good practice as all the plants in this setup grow very quickly.

Here is an equipment list w/ some comments about my experience with them:

BucePlant Co2 regulator +paintball tank adapter w/ brass check valve and Fluval bubble counter --This is a great regulator. Definitely worth the cost. The adapter and valve are doing their job well. The bubble counter was cheap, but has been consistent.

24oz paintball Co2 tank --This is a Tippman brand and works as it should.

AFA EI dry fert package --These are great ferts. This is my first use of dry ferts and now I prefer them.

Off brand Lily Pipes --Bought these on Amazon and they work great.

Fluval Biomax and Fluval activated carbon bags --Good filter media for smaller applications.

Cascade Marlin Canister Filter --This has plenty of power for a 10 gallon. Not sure if I would use it on anything larger though. Filter media baskets are a little on the small side.

TDS meter HM Digital TDS-4TM with digital thermometer --This has been a breeze to use and is worth the $15.

PawFly 16 watt LED --I wanted a low profile light and this has been working great. Has good output at full power.

The tank is a 10 gallon AGA with the rim removed --This is one thing I decided not to spend a lot of money on. Took some extra work, but no issues.

Ikea stand --It has height adjustable feet which is nice.

Fluval plant substrate --This is one thing I wish I had not used. At least without a top layer. It has had no trouble growing plants, but it is hard to plant in once wet. I would recommend covering it with ADA powder type or not using it at all.

IMG_20180525_142925.jpg

IMG_20180525_142933.jpg

IMG_20180525_142940.jpg

IMG_20180525_142950.jpg

adkaqua and Chad like this.
  2. Chad

Chad Member

Local Time:
    2:53 PM
    Looking good my man. I love a good bush.

adkaqua likes this.
  3. ThePlantedDimension

Local Time:
    After a quick trim and 50% water change. Mostly trimmed the right side. The lower right foreground wasn't getting enough light due to the stem plants. I will monitor this more carefully.

IMG_20180530_151118.jpg

sarpijk likes this.
  4. ThePlantedDimension

Local Time:
    Day after a 50% water change. It is evening out nicely. This is about to the point where before the next water change I do an extensive trim. IMG_20180605_174709.jpg

DeepMetropolis likes this.
Tags: