losing some competition

sherry

Guru Class Expert
Feb 23, 2006
John, so far your plants look incredible, but the lettuce that was my only healthy macro before is wilting now..

My nitrates are about 8, and I've dosed micros and a rice grain of phosphate. any ideas?

still running the air mist, but I'm not sure how much mist I shoudl be aiming for.

help. I am a floundering salt newbie.

should I try blasting with more light?

richardsantink

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2005
just outside of Ottawa, Ontario
sherry;17568 said:
John, so far your plants look incredible, but the lettuce that was my only healthy macro before is wilting now..

My nitrates are about 8, and I've dosed micros and a rice grain of phosphate. any ideas?

still running the air mist, but I'm not sure how much mist I shoudl be aiming for.

help. I am a floundering salt newbie.

should I try blasting with more light?

Not sure what kind of 'lettuce' you're referring to, but my Ulva lactuca seems to die-off and comeback in some sort of cycle. My tank is a coldwater tank (rather unheated) and they seem to die off in late Oct, and return when the water warms. Do you dose iron? When I see first signs of new growth I start dosing iron heavily.

Just my 2 cents..

RAS

sherry

Guru Class Expert
Feb 23, 2006
I"m new to all of this but i have been dosing tmg. a bit.. and some nitrate and a tiny bit of phosphate.

I'm trying to use the adjustment to ei discussed here.. and air mist.

I am fishless so far.. when I have a stable macro tank.. I'll go ahead and populate with dwarf seahorses