This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

losing some competition

Discussion in 'Marine Plants - Macroalgae' started by sherry, Jun 22, 2007.

1. sherry

sherry Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:27 AM
    John, so far your plants look incredible, but the lettuce that was my only healthy macro before is wilting now..

My nitrates are about 8, and I've dosed micros and a rice grain of phosphate. any ideas?

still running the air mist, but I'm not sure how much mist I shoudl be aiming for.

help. I am a floundering salt newbie.

should I try blasting with more light?

2. richardsantink

richardsantink Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Not sure what kind of 'lettuce' you're referring to, but my Ulva lactuca seems to die-off and comeback in some sort of cycle. My tank is a coldwater tank (rather unheated) and they seem to die off in late Oct, and return when the water warms. Do you dose iron? When I see first signs of new growth I start dosing iron heavily.

Just my 2 cents..

RAS

3. sherry

sherry Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I"m new to all of this but i have been dosing tmg. a bit.. and some nitrate and a tiny bit of phosphate.

I'm trying to use the adjustment to ei discussed here.. and air mist.

I am fishless so far.. when I have a stable macro tank.. I'll go ahead and populate with dwarf seahorses