This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Recommendations on Cheap CO2 reg

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ShadowMac, Jul 1, 2011.

1. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:32 AM
    My AP.com "carbon doser" has been dieing lately and finally kicked the bucket last night. Without getting into too much product bashing, I was not impressed with this reg. setup and purchased it before I knew much of anything about CO2 setups. I feel a little swindled.

I need some recommendations on a good cheap reg

2. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Check with Doc7, oldpunk or bettatail. There's one more person, but I can't remember the name right now. He and one of these guys went in together recently to build regulators.

EDIT: The other person is maknwar.

#2 Left C, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
  3. Jim Miller

Jim Miller Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    What were the symptoms of failure?

Jim

4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I am currently talking wth maknwar. The quality of the builds they can do for the money is great.

The failure occurred gradually. I was at first unable to adjust the bubble count. Then the bubble count slowly diminished to being nearly non existant. I was not able to improve the flow after several attempts. The seal section where the regulator attaches to the tank also had a crack in it.

I was curious about the guts so I opened the electronic box. Inside was a timing mechanism attached to the bubble count dial and then wired to a clippard mouse solenoid or pneumatic valve. these parts were held in place with packing peanuts. I was looking for some sort of buildup of gunk within the parts, but did not find anything. I don't believe that the parts matched the price of the doser nor the claims made about it.

I took pictures as I broke it down. I plan to post it in a thread. I haven't uploaded the pics to my computer yet. When I do I will put a thread up on the components. It is nothing special and someone could easily DIY this for a fraction the cost.