This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Liquid Macro dosing

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by PaulB, Nov 1, 2006.

1. PaulB

PaulB Subscriber

Hi, due to the small size of my tank (50 lt) i dose macros via a liquid dose. I mix up enough nitrate and phosphate in separate bottles to last 3 weeks, the dry weights are calculated using the nutri-calc program and weighed using an electronic scale. The targeted values of each are 20ppm nitrate & 3ppm phosphate. If i use tap water in this mix will this react / reduce the amounts of nitrate & phosphate dosed into the aquarium? :confused:

Tank details:
    50lt
    1 55w AH PC tube & 2 18w NO daylight tubes
    pressurised Co2 via glass diffuser with a power head sitting on top.
    Flourite substrate
    Gh 5.0, Kh 3.0.
    3ml flourish 3x week
    50% water change each week.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Should not be an issue.
    But..if there is some NO3 and PO4 in the tap water, the accuracy may not be what you think, still, the excess will not hurt..........

Regards,
    Tom Barr