This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Liquid "all In One" Fert Dosing

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Jay Johnson, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson New Member

Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    Im in the process of setting up a 40 gallon high tech tank. In the past all I have used is seachem root tabs, flourish, and excel. I will have a rodi unit this go and am wondering what Ishould initially put in the water (equilibrium?) and daily dosing. Will NA Thrive + all in one liquid fert be sufficient for my plants?

2. jfhrtn

jfhrtn New Member

Local Time:
    4:00 AM
    If your going to be dosing a 40g I would suggest something like the diy EI fert package from NilocG. The Thrive line will work just fine but ferts already premixed can get expensive when dosing larger tanks. I use Osmacote+ root tabs and the diy EI fert package in all three of my tanks high tech and low. I have been very pleased with the results and you can always alter how much you dose depending on your tanks need. I hope this can help you out and I'm sure someone else will chime in with more suggestions

-James

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Tim Harrison likes this.
  3. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    10:00 AM
    Thrive will be sufficient. Thrive + is recommended for tanks with lower PH.

4. Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson New Member

Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

5. echocinco

echocinco New Member

Local Time:
    2:00 AM
    Thrive should work, but if you dont do regular water changes you might run into nutrient imbalances since all your macros are mixed together. This becomes an issue if your water is already abundant in a nutrient such as nitrate or phosphate as these will just build up. It also becomes an issue when you run into a deficiency as you cant correct the deficiency without increasing the concentration of the other nutrients. E.g you might have too little potassium and the only way to correct that with your set up is to add more of everything. Also, keep in mind that thrive js based on an EI ratio of nutrients which implies very regular water changes to reset nutrient levels
    Using premixed ferts will get expensive over time though. It's much more cost effective like James mentioned to buy the dry ferts and mix the solutions yourself. Colin sells the same exact dry ferts he uses to make Thrive on his website (nilocg). With the dry ferts you can better control your ratios or even make different sets of solutions. (I keep 5 bottles for my 8 planted high tech tanks: Nitrogen, Potassium, Magnesium, Micros, and Phosporous)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk