Linde regulator question (German model)

S&KGray

Guru Class Expert
Nov 18, 2009
Garden Island
Thanks for the link.

Yes, I mean both the thread size of the inlet port on the regulator body (female thread) and the nipple's thread size (male thread). And I did contact the manufacturer and am awaiting a response. Just was wondering if anyone here already knew or had a easier/faster way of finding out.

I do know that it is larger than 1/4" NPT (which is the nipple thread for most CGA fittings). Maybe someone on here knows the nipple thread size on DIN 477 fittings? That might just be what I need.

Last edited by a moderator:

S&KGray

Guru Class Expert
Nov 18, 2009
Garden Island
When I emailed Matheson a question about one of their regulators, I had the answer in a week. Not so with Linde...I sent them another email politely stating I was awaiting a response.

S&KGray

Guru Class Expert
Nov 18, 2009
Garden Island
I brought the nipple in to Gaspro to see if they would be able to help identify the male threads on the nipple, which would be the same as the thread on the regulator body just female. The guy didn't even take a close look at it and pretty much said they don't know if its European and that getting stuff online isn't a good idea. Pretty lame if you ask me. I knew exactly what I was getting before I got it, as I planned on trying to find out info on the threading so I can get an adapter for using this regulator with CGA nipples (1/4 NPT threads).

S&KGray

Guru Class Expert
Nov 18, 2009
Garden Island
Still no response from Linde, I tried sending an email to the German contact for their regulator division and no response.

Here's some pics of the FMD202-18 and the DIN477 #10 connection, its a really nice regulator, just need to get it adapted/changed to CGA320.

S&KGray

Guru Class Expert
Nov 18, 2009
Garden Island
Anyone else able to help? I never got any response from the manufacturer besides saying they were gonna forward my question to the people that could answer my question.