This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Lilliy or no Lilly

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by jonny_ftm, Aug 12, 2009.

1. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    12:20 AM
    Hi,

I'm so tempted to use one of those glass lilly devices for my 11gal nano.
    In a big tank, it is easy to hide equippement, but in a nano, those glass devices look really attractive

I'm questionning if the too large opening will cause water flow to be too slow to move through the tank?

Also, what's your thoughts on long term use?

Many thanks for your help

2. Craigthor

Craigthor Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I use a Lily pipe set on my ADA Mini M 5.5g

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Well, more pressure= more flow, so if you have a good sized canister, like a Rena XP1 etc, then there should be plenty.

They look good, but you have to clean them to have them stay that way every few days due to the muck build up inside the tubes.

They are EXTREMELY breakable, so if you move things around or forget they are there, you will break them verty easily, they are very fragile.

I've broken 2 sets.
    I'm fairly careful.

They make the stainless steel pipes also, those I do like, but they are 55$ each.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

4. jonny_ftm

Local Time:
    Ok, you definately convinced me to let them aside. I won't keep with cleaning every few days for sure, this nano will be low maintenance, yet CO2 tank I hope.

Where can I find those stainless steel, I never saw such, I live in Europe... ebay? resellers?

many thansk Tom for the info

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    ADA in Europe should sell the metal return and intakes, they are nice and well made IMO.

Ask them.

"Metal jet pipe set for 60cm"

They are 14mm, so might be a bit larger than you want, but should be fine, better than too small.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

6. jonny_ftm

Local Time:
    Thank you very much,

They are, as you say, very expensive.

They say they're suited, V1 version, for 35cm tank depth. My nano is 32cm height, and with substrate, only 23cm left. Would I be able to fit the V1 inflow in the tank you think?