This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

lighting

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by brad, Oct 5, 2005.

1. brad

brad Prolific Poster

I`m looking at this light:
    http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=144

but the only bulbs they have for freshwater are 12 000K. Isn`t that kinda high? Is my tank gonna look blue?

And, is this light overkill for a 33 gallon? I would like to have more variety in what I can grow but really not looking to grow red cobomba or anything.

Thanks.

2. JHipkin

JHipkin Junior Poster

Re: lighting

I use a Coralife 2 x 65 watt 6,700 K light on my planted 20 gallon tank. CO2 is being injected and everything is fllourishing. So I don't think 3 watts per gallon (96/33) is too much, in fact it may not be enough if you are also injecting CO2. 10,000 is great for reef tanks but, IMO, 6,700 is much better for planted tanks. James

3. londonloco

londonloco Junior Poster

Please be careful. Go to reefcentral.com and search under aquatraders. Make up your own mind after reading the threads....

4. Simpte

Simpte Prolific Poster

I have 2 fixtures from them. Both work great. One bulb was broken but I was changing it anyway. Shipping takes longer than most places though. for the price, you cant beat them.