This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

lighting suggestion

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by moonwalker3778, Jan 30, 2010.

1. moonwalker3778

moonwalker3778 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:50 AM
    hi all,

i recently started a new planted tank(about a week back) with rocks as a hardscape.

tank: 30" x18" x 15" with rotala rotundifolia,echinodorus tenellas,A.reinki,blyxa japonica and hair grass.

ADA AS II,bactor 100,power sand and Bio rio filtering media. and the lighting is 70w MH from OSRAM HQI TS 70/D.

Now my question is the lighting which i had is sufficient or not because it looks lilbit dull to my eyes.

please help me in this matter

thanks in advace

2. moonwalker3778

moonwalker3778 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    sorry i forgot onething..presurised CO2 with dymax reactor @ 2bps.

Thanq

#2 moonwalker3778, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  3. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Well the fact that it looks dull to YOUR eyes doesn't say much. It's all about the plants. I'm using 70 Watts of T5 on a 32 x 18 x 24 and i can grow every plant I want. So 70 Watt sof MH on a even smaller tank should be more than enough.

regards,
    Dutchy